How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place the pastry sheets on top of one another and press gently to join, creating one 5mm-thick piece of pastry. Using a plate as a guide, cut a 23cm round from the pastry and set aside.
- Place the sugar and water in a 20cm-round non-stick ovenproof pan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Carefully add the butter and stir until the mixture is melted and well combined. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully arrange the plums, cut-side up in the mixture. Top the plum with the pastry round and fold the edges under to tuck in the plums
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 small cuts in the centre of the pastry. Place the pan on a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes
- To remove, loosen the edges with a knife and carefully turn out the tart to serve. Best enjoyed warm with a dollop of cream
Read NextRoasted Plum, Pumpkin and Feta Salad
By Queen Garnet