How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line two large baking tins with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter and rapadura sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- To the bowl, add the almond flour and spelt flour and beat to combine.
- Bring the mixture together into a ball in the mixing bowl and cover with baking paper. Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the jam to a small bowl along with the chia seeds and stir to combine. Set aside, covered, while dough chills.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Take a spoonful of batter and roll into a ball. Place onto the baking tray and repeat until all of the batter has been used, spacing out each cookie at least 2 inches to allow for spreading.
- Make an indent into each cookie with a finger or back of a teaspoon. Add about one teaspoon of Plum Jam mixture into each indent.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Read NextSpiced Plum Lemonade
By Queen Garnet
Nov 24, 2021